Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Me, company, voip...

Okay my first blog post, i am starting this Blog to post everything that involves my current job as an IT, so you can imagine that this will be only Tech Blog.

Anyway what i first wanted to post is about VOIP specifically FreePBX/Asterisk/Trixbox

My company is soon to switch to VOIP from traditional PBX and i am assinged to deal with it, make all configuration, preparation, choosing products, etc...

I have decided i will go with Trixbox (asterisk) just that it is Open "source" not that i really have a clue on code that i could intervene but you can very easy find help around the net.

I installed Trixbox on a VMWare ESX 3.5 server and it works prefectly, we have ordered 20 Linksys SPA942 ip phones, 4 SPA 3102 for connecting PSTN lines and 3 x Linksys 24 port gigabit POE switches (just for ip phones) ... (kidding), 2 x GSM gateways Portech MV-372 and cant remmember at the moment what else.

Enough of this, i'll soon start to post my configuration.

No comments: